Festivals, Anthologies & Contests for Filmmakers
Since 2015, Blue Forge Films has hosted successful film festivals and anthologies. Explore our past winners and discover a current festival.
Festivals Currently Accepting Submissions
One Room. One Actor. Every Story.
Every year since 2015, Blue Forge Films has held a film festival to bring filmmakers together across all walks of life. Whether established or brand new, all storytellers are welcome. Join us for the fourth incarnation of our Singular Space\Singular Stories festival series.
During this unprecedented global experience, there are still stories to tell. During some of the hardest times in human history, some of the greatest works of art were created. Following four editions of the Take 8 Film Festival and three editions of our one location festivals (Blackwood, Wonderland, and St. August Chapel), the One Room Film Festival calls for short films set in a single room, with only a single actor. We may be alone but we're alone together.
All submissions will be reviewed by a panel of nine industry professionals selected by the volunteer-run, 501(c)3 nonprofit Blue Legacy (the parent company of Blue Forge Films) which was founded in 1989 and launched a film division in 2015.
Awards & Prizes
Best Film, Best Original Score, Best Actor, Best Actress, and Audience Favorite award certificates will be granted to winners as selected by the judges and the audience. A cash prize of $100 will be granted to the Best Film winner. The Best Film winner must have a verified PayPal account to receive the cash prize.
As a nonprofit entity, one of our primary goals is helping independent filmmakers make an actual living. To this end, all winning films will be released on the One Room Film Festival commercial dvd and as a digital edition for purchase and rental. All winning filmmakers will be granted an equal share of all revenue received from the dvd and digital sales and rentals. This royalty is paid once a month indefinitely with no maximum. Filmmakers must have a verified PayPal account to receive monthly royalties.
Please note that we do not take the rights to your film whether you win or not. We reserve only the right to screen your film if selected for the festival and to include your film on the dvd and digital edition if you win. Your film remains yours and may be used in any way you see fit.
Rules & Terms
1. Films should be "rated" G to R. No NC-17 or X, please.
2. Films should be no shorter than five minutes.
3. Films should be no longer than twenty minutes.
4. By submitting a film to the One Room Film Festival, the film's owner agrees to their film being included on the selected films dvd and digital edition.
5. By submitting a film to the One Room Film Festival, the film's owner agrees to their film being shown at the online premiere if selected to be screened.
6. Only one room/location can be shown in the film.
7. Only one actor or actress can be shown or heard in the film.
8. Animals are allowed in films.
9. No violence against children or animals can be shown in the film.
10. No hate speech is allowed.
Dates & Notifications
1. Submissions will be accepted until 11pm PST on August 31, 2020.
2. The submission fee is only $10 to make our festival as accessible as we can. Pay your submission fee here.
3. After you pay your fee, send us a link to your film on YouTube or Vimeo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Links must be received before the submission deadline.
5. On September 10, 2020, you will be notified whether your film has been selected for the festival.
6. The online premiere is a free event with a live chat before and after on November 1, 2020. Details can be found here.
7. All awards will be announced November 30, 2020. The laurel certificates and $100 cash prize will be sent the same day.
Past Festivals & Winners
Take 8 Film Festival 2015
The winning short film (Vindicta) was remade into a feature film by the same name with the Director's Cut here. The Audience Favorite short film (In the Pudding) was remade into a feature film (Macbeth the Musical Parody) and is available now on BlueFlix and dvd.
Take 8 Film Festival Forest
The winning short film (The Niobe Strain) was remade into a feature film by the same name with the Director's Cut due in 2021 after a delay due to COVID-19 limitations.
Take 8 Film Festival White Room
The winning ten-minute short film (Talking to Angels) was remade into an animated/live-action hybrid hour-long short film (Helios) due in 2021.
Take 8 Film Festival Catacombs
The winning trailer (Park Dead) is being remade into two feature films by the same name from Rogue Raven Productions.
Blackwood Film Anthology
The first incarnation of the Singular Space\Singular Stories event. The work of twelve filmmakers were selected for this anthology which is available now at BlueFlix and on dvd. Filmmakers equally share the revenue earned.
Saint August Chapel Film Anthology
The second incarnation of the Singular Space\Singular Stories event. The work of nine filmmakers were selected for this anthology which is available now at BlueFlix and on dvd. Filmmakers equally share the revenue earned.
Wonderland Film Anthology
The third incarnation of the Singular Space\Singular Stories event. The work of seven filmmakers were selected for this anthology which is available now at BlueFlix and on dvd. Filmmakers equally share the revenue earned.
Feast of Souls Film Anthology
Thirty-one ultra short spooky, thrilling and surreal films created in October 2019 by nine film makers were selected for this anthology available now on dvd. Filmmakers equally share the revenue earned.